Letter to the editor
Send a letter to the editor on a topic or issue you are passionate about. Its a great way to engage on the subject and express your views to the wider public.
How to draft a letter
- Short, concise letters are more likely to be published (around 200 words is a good maximum length);
- Combine persuasive language with well researched evidence;
- Outline the issue you are writing about and why it is important;
- State your opinion about what should be done;
- While some letters to the editor are composed in an informal tone, keeping a formal tone will help your letters to carry an air of authority; and
- Be sure to include your name and contact details.
The following is a list of popular publications for letters in the Southwest:
|ABC Country Hour (radio)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ABC SW email@example.com|
|Airwaves (Albany Community Radio)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Augusta-Margaret River Timesemail@example.com|
|Great Southern Heraldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Western Times/Bunbury Heraldemail@example.com|